Organization: Vecinos Farmworker Health Program
Address: 3971 Little Savannah Rd, 173 Health and Human Science Building, Western Carolina University Cullowhee, NC 28723
Phone: (828) 293-2274
Email: [email protected]
Position: Executive Director/Outreach Coordinator
Location: Cullowhee (with outreach in Macon, Swain, Jackson, and Haywood Counties)
Benefits: Competitive benefit package including health and dental insurance and PTO
Salary: $44,000-$54,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience
Organization Description: Vecinos Farmworker Health Program (Vecinos) is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization that provides mobile medical care, health education, and case management for migrant and seasonal farmworkers. Offices are housed within the campus of Western Carolina University (WCU) which promotes a strong partnership and provides access to many university resources.
Position Description: The Executive Director (ED) is the Chief Executive Officer of Vecinos as well as the coordinator of all outreach programs and reports to the Board of Directors (Board). She or he is responsible for achievement of the organization’s mission, maintaining knowledge of the field, managing core programs and business operations. The ED provides leadership in alignment with Vecinos’ values, always with consideration of the best interest of the people served.
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy and adequate funding to consistently achieve its mission
- Work with the Board and Finance Committee to prepare a budget and develop and maintain sound financial practices to ensure the organization operates within budget guidelines
- Raise funds (including writing grant proposals, and soliciting private donations/in-kind donations)
- Lead full time and contract personnel (recruitment, employment, training, and release)
- Coordinate and oversee contributions of volunteers, assuring sensitivity to population served
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people
- Keep Board informed on the condition of the organization and important factors influencing its operation
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals
- Establish and foster sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations (including regular meetings with community leaders, speaking engagements, guest-lecturing, and facilitating research within farmworker community)
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends related to the work of the organization and the population served
- Coordinate and supervise mobile and site-based clinics
- Provide oversight for case management coordination
- Maintain official records and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, including North Carolina Farmworker Health Program (NCFHP) and Vecinos’ protocols, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) requirements, and Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- A master’s degree or higher in social work, public health, public policy, business administration, healthcare, or a related field or bachelor’s degree and
- At least three years of experience working with nonprofit organizations or in health care.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish languages with strong oral and written skills in both languages
- Ability to effectively lead and supervise a team of outreach workers and medical professionals
- Understanding of cultural competency and a desire to work with diverse people of all ages, without regard to sex, race, religion, or socioeconomic background.
- Ability to speak publicly and represent the agency in a variety of settings with diverse populations.
- Ability to manage finances and complete appropriate financial reports and audits
- Flexibility and willingness to work late nights and weekends and in a variety of non-traditional/non-clinical work environments
To apply please send a resume or curriculum vitae with cover letter detailing suitability for the position, and contact information for three references. Applications should be sent to [email protected]